Saturday, May 2, 2009

Death to Query Letters

I hate query letters. I would rather write an entire novel than one query letter. Why can I write a 300+ page novel, which is complex and rich, but have a difficult time with a one page query letter?

According to the folks at Absolute Write, (God Bless you, by the way), I have trouble transfering the voice from my novel, to the voice in my query letter. The words "not exciting" came up several times. Sigh. My query shortcomings frusterate me in a teeth clenching, eye-rolling, shove my face with Doritos and finish the bag kind of way.

And so I suffer. The letter still isn't perfect. I'll probably revise it ten more times today. Ok, fifteen.

Beth 0 Query Letter 10 and counting

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!