Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Good Looker

You might think based on the title of this post that I'm referring to someone who is very attractive. But you'd be wrong.

I'm talking about people who are good at looking for things and finding them. I have very few talents in this world, but I happen to be a good "looker". For example, when I was at the beach this summer, four people searched high and low for the remote control, but finally declared that it had disappeared and that is was time to buy a new one. I found it in about three minutes. It was under the couch, by the way.

One person who is a terrible "looker" is my husband. It is OK if I tell you this because he already knows he is awful at finding things. I can't tell you the amount of times he's told me that he cannot find the kids' shoes anywhere, and I locate them in about a minute. It really happens quite frequently.

But today's "finding" story is worth mentioning.

As I was leaving the gym, my husband called me and asked me to stop by the store and buy more bar soap. I was confused. Only one week ago I bought a package of six soaps. Surely we didn't use them that quickly. He assured me he'd looked for them and could not find them. Luckily, however, I know my husband very well and said, "Just because you couldn't find the soap doesn't mean it isn't there." He gave a half-hearted laugh, but I could tell he thought the soap was all gone and that my search would be futile.

When I got home, I walked upstairs and opened the cabinet doors under our bathroom sink. There, in plain sight, right in the front, was the soap. Five bars of soap, to be exact. So I did what any normal human being would do. I called him upstairs just to rub it in.

"Do you see the soap?" I asked, pointing to the cabinet.

He looked closely. "Yes," he said rather sheepishly. "But it is on the left side. I usually keep it on the right."

Mystery solved.

Beth - 1
Mike - .5 (just because his answer made me laugh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!