Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weddings

These are my friends Chris and Elena. Thanks for reading my blog. Love you guys.
This is my Dad, getting his groove on.
This is me, dancing with Buck-town
This is my beautiful sister and her new husband.

My sister got married on Saturday.

It was a beautiful ceremony. I'd like to share some of the highlights with you. To begin, my daughter ran into a table two days before and was sporting a rather impressive bruise on her right cheek. The mark will forever be immortalized in the pictures. We'll be explaining we don't beat our child for the rest of her life.

The kids behaved pretty well during the ceremony. My son only dropped the cheap $20 digital camera I bought him about 51 times. He chose rather opportune moments, like when my sister was saying her vows or during the priest's homily. He accompanied each drop with a loud "Uh oh!" Once, when his voice took on a higher pitch and a temper tantrum was within our midst, my grandmother took his hand and said, "Honey, you can't be loud in church. You'll make God cry." I'm fairly certain everyone heard her.

My husband sat with the kids in the pew behind me. Several times I turned to check on him and he was wiping the sweat from his brow. The pit stains went away after we left the church, children in-tact. He deserves the title of "Daddy of the year".

The reception was lovely. The food was amazing and the ambiance was perfect. It only took four drinks to calm me down before my speech. Despite the fact that my heart was threatening to leave my body, I held it together and delivered my speech without a hitch. After that, I was able to relax and have fun. I caught up with old friends. The DJ played Love Shack, and I got my groove on. Our friend, Buckley, sang along with Journey's Forever Yours later in the evening. It was a blast.

The party continued after the reception. Nineteen of us crammed into a shuttle built for ten on the ride back to the hotel. Every girl sat on a lap and a few people were sitting in the trunk. We took over the hotel bar. My uncle, just slightly inebriated, started to whip out his credit card and offer to pay for all the drinks. Luckily my mother slapped a hand over his mouth and stopped him.

At about midnight my aunt bought me nachos. I demolished them.

My sister looked stunning. I now have a great brother-in-law. What a fantastic evening!

Beth - 1
Wedding - 1
Beth's speech - stole the show. maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Daddy of the year? I guess that depends on who is in the running. If I'm there he'll have to settle for runner up. How about we say he is father of the year for all states on the eastern seaboard? I did enjoy reading about his pit stains though... That was awesome.
    Seriously, I'm glad you guys had a nice time and it looks like Diane got a nice husband for herself and brother-in-law for you.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!