Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Loss of Inspiration

A good friend of mine mentioned that she was waiting for me to write on my blog again. It has been a long time. So this evening, I tried to figure out why I haven't been inspired to write.

It's been an hour and I still don't have the answer.

So instead I'll just tell you a funny story. When my daughter was four, we were eating at a restaurant. She needed to use the bathroom, so I took her while my husband stayed with Joey. Upon entering the bathroom, I noticed a rather unmistakable odor. Unfortunately, so did Jillian.

"Wow, Mommy!" she said loudly. "It smells like big business in here!"

My primal instinct was to throw her over my shoulder and flee not only from the bathroom, but from the very mall where the restaurant resided. But Jillian was doing "the dance" and I was forced to take one for the team. I shushed her as quietly as possible and led her to the other available stall. Then, I said a silent prayer that we would not see the woman in the stall next to us.

Luckily, my prayers were answered. I hustled her out of the stall, did a rapid wash of her hands and raced back to our table.

Kids say the darnedest things.

Jillian - 1 Lady in the stall next to us - 0

1 comment:

  1. LOL Kids keep us so humble. I love that she had her own phrase for it. That's classic!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!