Friday, May 28, 2010

Mistakes With Good Intentions

My poor husband made a big mistake on Mother's Day.

Some husbands forget the day entirely. Some choose a terrible gift, such as dish washing gloves or a work-out video. My husband, however, made the most terrible mistake of all.

He bought me a manicure, pedicure,Swedish massage and European facial.

My life will never be the same. I always love to have a manicure and pedicure, but it was the first time I'd ever had a massage and a facial. How will I do without them? Already, my back is starting to feel tense and I crave the hands of an expert to put it right again.

Part of me wishes I could go back, to when massages and facials were just things other people did. Then I wouldn't be tempted to spend the money. But that time is past. I am one of "those" people now.

Thanks, Honey. My gift was great!

Beth's body - 1
Mike's gift - 1
Excess funds saved - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!