Monday, January 3, 2011

Vicki's

Over winter break, I took my seven year old daughter shopping while my son was at day care. She was a trooper, considering we shopped for five hours, and we spent more than twenty to thirty minutes in every store, save for one.

That store would be Victoria's Secret.

"Wow!" Jillian exclaimed loudly upon entering Victoria's Secret. "This is a fancy underwear store for fancy people!"

As I ushered her towards the back of the store, Jillian stopped to touch each piece of silky lingerie, often commenting on its beauty. Finally we reached the large bins of clearance underwear, which was my final destination. I sifted through the sometimes tasteful, sometimes, well, un-tasteful underwear, hoping to find some real bargains.

"What size do you wear?" Jillian said loudly, holding up an extra-large pair of full-coverage panties.

"Not that size," I whispered, grabbing them out of her hands and shoving them as far down into the bin as humanly possible. "I wear a medium." Bringing her attention to the proper bin, which in hindsight was, perhaps, not the best move, I continued to sift through the discount items.

"What about this one?" she asked. "It's pretty!" I glanced to my right to find her holding a lacy pink number, crotchless.

Needless to say, we left immediately.

Beth - 0
Jillian - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!