Monday, August 1, 2011

Shark Attack

In honor of Shark Week, my husband and I had a shark attack conversation today.  The question:  who would you save from a shark attack?

By save, I mean paddle yourself directly towards the attacking shark and punch it in the face, the eye, anywhere, in order to save the attackee.

The initial answer was easy.  We would save one another, our children, our siblings and our parents.

But then the sticky situation of friends came into play.  Would we swim towards a great white shark to save a friend?

Good luck buddy.  I'm swimming to shore to get help.
I'll save you the suspense and tell you that we both decided we would probably chicken out.  I'd like to think I would man-up and be brave, but I can only imagine the paralyzing fear and don't know if I could do it.

My husband wants everyone to know that outside of the aforementioned select few, he would just swim to shore and get help.

Not sure why I felt the need to share this with everyone, but should the situation ever arise, it is on the record what we will and won't do.

Swim at your own risk with the Harars.

Mike and Beth - 0
Sharks - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!