Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Day Off

From Saturday at noon till Sunday at 4:00 p.m., I had about 28 hours of freedom.  It was everything I thought it could be, but I have to admit I missed my family quite a bit. 

All in all, however, I was much less productive than anticipated. 

And sadly, my day, plus four hours, wasn't as exciting as you might think.  It went something like this:

1.  Go to the gym
2.  Color my hair
3.  Shower
4.  Go visit my parents' house and drink wine
5.  Go to Arlington and have dinner and drinks for Bethany #2's birthday.
6.  Win a bet that I would NOT be hit on.  (Some dude asking why I wasn't smiling doesn't count)
7.  Drink too much and get a ride home.
8.  Wake up at 6:00 a.m. to my dog barking at the door because his stomach is making unnatural noises.
9.  Wake up at 7:00 a.m. to my dog barking at the door because his stomach is making unnatural noises.
10.  Wake up at 8:00 a.m. to my dog barking at the door because his stomach is making unnatural noises.
11.  Wake up at 9:00 a.m. to my dog barking at the door because his stomach is making unnatural noises.
12.  Decide to finally get up at 9:30 and eat leftover bok choy veggie dish at 10:00.
13.  Do nothing from 10:30 - 3:00 except watch television, drink coffee and eat popcorn.  Saw some good movies, however.
14.  Actually, add in a champagne drink at 2:30 p.m.  Just because I could.
15.  Go to my parent's house at 4:00, drink more wine, eat good food and hang out with my family.  My husband arrives with the children.
16.  At 10:11 p.m., my children are finally asleep and I am watching Curb Your Enthusiasm with the love of my life. 

Life is back to normal.  Thanks for sharing my day.

Beth - ??  (How do I rate this??)
Life - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!