Saturday, November 26, 2011

Rate My Teacher Has Won Again!!

So, because I'm a bit of a narcissist, I decided to return to Rate My Teacher.com and check out my profile again.  If someone doesn't like me, I need to know.

I still only have one rating.


This is what I bet I look like to students:  Smart,
professional and totally together.  Minus, of course,
the nonsense scribbling known as math on the board.

I'm not sure if I should be happy, or insulted.  This either means I'm doing well and no one feels the need to complain about me, or they just don't care either way and I'm not rateable. 

So, I decided to rate myself.

I gave myself  excellent marks, but took off some points in easiness and strictness so as not to appear a pushover.  I even wrote some remarks, which read:

Mrs. Harar is the best English teacher I've ever had.  She is fair, kind and very easy to understand.  She is also extremely smart.  I learned so much from her, and her homework was always appropriate.  If I had to give her a grade, she would get an A+.

I clicked SUBMIT, glowing that I would have such a wonderful rating.  I'd found a loop-hole!  Rate My Teacher was not the end-all, be-all of teacher worthiness.  The students no longer had total control! 

Except my comments wouldn't go through.

I tried again, and again.  No luck.  No matter what I did, it would not accept my rating.  Therefore, I've decided that the makers of Rate My Teacher are very smart.  The must look at the grammar and KNOW that an adult is doing the rating.  I bet they even have levels, and my level was "perfect grammar = teacher." 

Damn you, Rate My Teacher.  You've won this time.

Beth - 0
Rate My Teacher.com - 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!