Yesterday was my dad's birthday. Unbelievably, he liked all the gifts he received. However, my husband and I gave him a golf towel, and my sister gave him Sirius XM Radio. What followed was a series of comments based upon the "value" of the two gifts.
To help me recap that conversation, I have a guest blogger with me today. Mike, my husband, is here to help me give the top ten reasons why the gift of a golf towel is better than the gift of Sirius XM Radio.
Me: Welcome Mike!
Mike: You're about to be blogger-fied!
Me: OK then. Let's get started.
Drum Roll Please . . .
TOP TEN REASONS THE GIFT OF A GOLF TOWEL IS BETTER THAN THE GIFT OF SIRIUS XM RADIO:
10. A golf towel can be used to clean your golf balls
9, A golf towel is colorful. Sirius XM Radio is a boring black.
8. No one breaks into your car to steal a golf towel.
7. You don't have to sit through a boring episode of Howard Stern with a golf towel.
6. A golf towel works in all kinds of weather. Rain, shine, sleet or snow, a golf towel is the way to go.
5. You still have only five reliable pre-set radio stations when you own a golf towel.
4. Can Sirius XM radio wipe the sweat of a hard golf day from your brow? No, it cannot.
3. You can't playfully smack your buddy in the ass in the locker room showers with a Sirius XM Radio. 2. Good luck drying yourself off in a pinch after an unexpected rain-storm with Sirius XM radio.
1. A golf towel is the gift that keeps on giving, not the gift that keeps on asking an extra $75 a month for its services.
To be fair, however, I think his favorite gift of all was . . . .
|The Republican Crocs!!!|
Beth - 1
Mike - 1 (Thanks for the input!)