Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Auntie Beth

No, I'm not a real aunt . . . yet.  But I did watch my doggie niece and nephew this weekend. 

Princess Luna:  A Chihuahua/Italian Greyhound combo, Luna does not know she is a dog.  She is a dainty bad-ass who suffers from separation anxiety when my sister is gone.

Oscar:  Being a pure bred Min Pin, Oscar is extremely handsome.  Unlike Luna, Oscar is all dog.  His "trademark" move is to hug your leg with his paws while you pet him, though he will attack anyone who comes within a 50 yard radius of his (or my) house.

My sister dropped off the dogs on Saturday.  After an initial quiet period while they got used to the fact that she was not immediately coming back, the dogs ran around and explored.  And then, they plastered themselves against my leg and didn't move until Tuesday when I brought them home. 

They prefer to burrow underneath the covers while sleeping.  Oscar nestled himself in my crotch while Luna shared a pillow with me.  As my husband and children can attest, I do not like to cuddle while I sleep, so this forced all-night touching took some getting used to.


Didn't even leave my side when I was folding clothes. 
Shameless!
Despite the new sleeping arrangements, however, the weekend was fairly uneventful.  Walking all three dogs by myself was a challenge as I juggled three leashes and three poop bags.  I swear they all decided to do their big business at the same time just to mess with me.

While we were on a walk, there was one man who thought it would be funny to pet Boomer while Luna and Oscar attempted to decapitate him.  Apparently he didn't feel that their frenzied barking, foaming at the mouth, snarling and lunging was anything to be concerned about. 

I thought that would be the only story I had to tell, but just before they left, Oscar took my underwear and hid it under a blanket on the sofa.  Naughty Doggie.

Beth - 1 (I'm an awesome Aunt!!!)
Luna and Oscar - 1





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!