Saturday, November 9, 2013

August and September

I promised to fill you in on the last couple of months, so I'll start with this post.

August

Actually, August was a really bad month, and I don't want to talk about anything that happened during that time period.  Indicate your approval by staying perfectly silent.

Great.
Just so you know, a Furby really makes its eyes do this.  It
has different personalities, but to me, they are all evil.
 
September

September was much better! 

1. I signed my publishing contract and started working with my editor.  I am enjoying the editing process and still can't believe my dream has come true.

2. I went back to work, and now teach juniors.  This requires copious lesson planning, which is both intellectually engaging and ridiculously time consuming.  This is also one of the reasons I have been MIA in the blogging world.  However, I now know more about rhetoric than I ever thought possible.

3. My kids started private school, so I had the new pleasure of everything encompassing that experience.  The word "pleasure" could easily be replaced with many other words.  Use your imagination.

4. I ushered my kids to and from after-school activities, play dates and doctor appointments.  That was about as fun as it sounds, depending, of course, on what kinds of things are fun to you.  Just so we are clear, the aforementioned is not what I consider fun.

5. My kids re-discovered their Furbies, which have no off switch, literally.  I've almost smashed them twice.


Well, that about covers September.  I have many individual stories to share with you, and promise to follow through on my . . . . promise; but, this seemed like a good way to ease back into the blogging zone. 



Beth - 0 (Really, neither month helped me gain points)
August - In the negative
September - 1



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!