Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Book Covers I Love - Installment #1

I've been thinking a lot about book covers, because, you know, mine will soon be created.  So I figured I'd share with you some book covers that I think are awesome.  You'll only get five today.  I'll do five more next week.  After that, who knows?  Maybe I'll go crazy and share six.

COVERS ARE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!

#1:  The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan

This cover is mysterious.  The girl is intriguing and sexy, but screams for help at the same time.  And the muted colors are awesome.








#2:  The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron

This cover puts me in place and time immediately.  I automatically feel for the heroine, and understand that it will be a "smart" book, full of mystery and intrigue.  (DISCLAIMER:  This may not be true, but that's what I get from the cover).



#3:  Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I read this book, and really enjoyed it.  But back to the cover.  I'm scared and intrigued just looking at it.  It grabs me immediately, especially because I is so different from what else is out there.












#4:  Perilous by Tamara Hart Heiner

I REALLY love this cover. It is clean, attractive, and compelling.  The colors work, and the wind-swept hair suggests intrigue and mystery.  Also, I'm left wanting more, which is exactly what a cover should achieve.



















#5:  Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

This cover is just beautifully appealing.  Clean colors.  Entrancing brightness.  I love it, and want to read it now.






Beth's Cover - ??
These Five - 1


4 comments:

  1. Thanks Beth for posting these covers! They have great appeal! I found you while randomly stopping by on the A-Z blog challenge. How is it going with this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Susan! Gearing up for the A-Z and started writing some of the posts already! Will have to visit you too soon.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!