Monday, April 7, 2014

A-Z Blogging Challenge: F is for Favorite Characters

Anyone who loves to read has encountered characters who feel real.  These characters are as much a part of our lives as our friends and family.  Some of them eventually leave our minds, but others stick around forever. 

Today, I’ll share with you ten characters who will never leave me.  Maybe someday I’ll explain why, but for today, I just encourage you to read the books and see for yourself.  There are more, but these are the first that come to mind.

1.      George – Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

2.      Gilly Hopkins – The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Patterson

3.      Jonas – The Giver by Lois Lowry

4.      Jamie Fraser – Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

5.      Paul Moreaux – Fade by Robert Cormier

6.      Professor Snape – Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

7.      Atticus Finch – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

8.      Stuart Redman – The Stand by Stephan King

9.      Anne – Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery

10.  Meg Murry – A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle

I’m curious.  Who are your favorites?  Please share in the comments!

Beth – 1
Characters I Love – 1

8 comments:

  1. Stuart Redman will always stay with me because The Stand was the first Stephen King book I read. I've read A Wrinkle in Time. While the book is a favouite, I must admit know of the characters have stuck in my head. I shall have to get thinking on my favourite characters!

    Great to meet you via A to Z.
    Untethered Realms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also read The Stand first, which is maybe why I feel the same way! Heading over to your blog right now. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Matilda -- Matilda
    Aurthur Dent -- Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
    Mackenzie Calhoun -- Star Trek: New Frontier series
    Eddie Dean -- Dark Tower Series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Find me @ http://www.chrisvotey.com/writing/blog/category/a-to-z-challenge/

      Delete
    2. Will have to check those out. Haven't read them! Heading over to your blog now!

      Delete
  3. Your 6, 7 and 9 would be on my list, too! Now you've got me thinking...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read everything on your list, but I'm intrigued by the similarities I notice amongst the characters I know well. We'll have to talk George, Snape, and Atticus at "professional development" one day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have the occasional dream about Jamie Fraser. I do and I don't want a movie made of Outlander. Will it shatter my own image of them? (Yes). Would I see it anyway? (Of course).

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!