Friday, April 11, 2014

A-Z Blogging Challenge - J is for Joy

Sometimes, it is hard to think about the joys in my life with all the stress.  So today, I’m going to ignore the stress for an entire five minutes and think about things that bring me joy.
  • Joy is coming home from work and putting on red, polka-dot pajama bottoms.
  • Joy is hearing my children play with one another, minus the fighting.
  • Joy is a cold beer on a beautiful day while hanging out with friends on my back deck.
  • Joy is going on a mystery date with my husband, and we never run out of things to laugh about.
  • Joy is knowing I’ll be a published author on July 22nd.
  • Joy is being in the classroom.  Yes – even when my students are being jerks.  Because they aren’t always that way.
  • Joy is finishing an amazing book and contemplating it for days afterwards.
  • Joy is having a second home only five minutes away, where parent hugs and free food are always available.
  • Joy is five minutes of complete silence.
  • Joy is knowing that despite everything, I haven’t completely lost my mind yet.  It’s a pretty good sign, I think.  Right? 


Beth – 1

Joy - 1

3 comments:

  1. I definitely find joy in the first one. My are just plain black joggers though but are my pyjama bottoms.

    Rhi
    scruffy-duck.net // Welsh Bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. :) My pajama bottoms have stars. I live in them. And congrats on your soon-to-be-released book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I own many pajama bottoms, and all are well used and loved.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!