Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A-Z Blogging Challenge: M is for Mothers


There is something incredibly special about mothers.  Sometimes, I’ll watch new mothers with their babies and marvel at how perfectly the child fits in their arms.  I watch how their older children trail them around, and how they seem to instinctively know exactly what the little boy or girl needs before the child does.  Mothers are truly amazing.

My own mother is no exception.  In fact, she is somehow able to do everything, which I’ve never completely learned how to do as a mother.  When I was a kid, she managed to make sure we had everything we needed, but still keep up with all of the household chores, help us with our homework and work a full-time job.  I am forever lacking in one of those three areas, and view my mother as something like a superhero.  As an adult, my mother is one of my best friends.  I talk to her almost every day, and count on her for advice and love.  She is a fantastic grandmother (Mimi) to my children and provides them with so many amazing opportunities to learn, just as she did for me when I was younger.  I love her very much.

When Jillian learned that I was going to write about mothers today, she asked to say a few words.  Ladies and Gentlemen, my fantastic daughter Jillian!

“Moms are the best. They work really hard and do pretty much all the work. Sometimes husbands do not understand the way moms work. But sometime moms do not understand why they are working so hard and that there is too much work. All of the moms out there are doing their kids a favor, and the kids appreciate it very much. Moms fold our laundry, and changed our diapers when we were little. It is an amazing thing. So even if a mom is stressed, or having a hard time, think about how your kids appreciate you very much, and need your help. If you need advice too moms, if you are stressed and just need to calm down, go to a quiet room and just relax or read a book. Put a sign outside of your door saying, “Relaxing, come back later”. I want to give a big shout out to my mom especially because she has taught me everything in life and has accomplished many things, like, becoming an author, a blogger, and a teacher! Thank you for all your hard work mommy!”

I couldn’t have said it better myself.  Thanks Baby!!

Beth – 1
Jillian – 1
My Mom – 1
Mom’s Everywhere - 1

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Everything you said about your mother, I could say about mine. Whenever anyone tells me I'm like my mother, I feel very proud. There's no one I'd rather be like.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to post a comment!